Monday, March 15, 2010

Video Reflection (original post 11/25/09)

Overall, I enjoyed doing the research for my project. I found that my critical thinking was developed by analyzing the scores of websites and articles to decide which were most credible and also to identify the trends for educational games in the future. What I find most interesting about my project is the inclusion of low technology games. While conducting my research I found that many studies included board games and that learning gains were substantial with relatively little software. In short, I expected to extol the virtues of software-based games and instead found the value of including the tried and true games of the past.

Even though my project was not flashy, I feel that I effectively conveyed the purpose of my presentation in a way that both scholars and educators could understand. The references I used were included to allow interested persons to find information to support the inclusion of games into their curriculum or develop future research models with a few solid articles. I intentionally created this project to use outside of class and so the value of my video extends beyond and will allow me to share with others to promote gaming in a meaningful way in the lives of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment